Stop Teenage Gambling Education Needed At Local Schools
For the past few years teenage gambling has been increasing at an exponential rate. The increase in gambling can be contributed to family members who gamble, multiple television programs like poker tournaments and skillful advertising from the
gambling establishments. It’s becoming an epidemic among our teenagers with no real solution being presented to the educators of our schools systems.
The new stream of commercials related to stop gambling has had very little affect. The commercials are geared towards helping people stop gambling but are not geared towards the individuals who have not experienced gambling at this point in time. The stop gambling commercials have not been able to reach the teenager with a compulsive gambling addiction. They however วิเคาะบอลสด may reach the parents who may realize their child has a problem.
The only way to help our youth is to educate them in the classroom and at home. I remember years ago in health class they educated us on smoking and drinking. This was very effective on those individuals who never started. But the ones that were already addicted the educational programs were unable to reach them.
There following educational curriculums will be available to ship by August 2005 in order to give teachers the proper resource tools to deal with this growing problem:
- a) Helpful Resources for identifying teenagers who may have a compulsive gambling addiction.
- b) Helping Teenagers identify their compulsive gambling addiction
- c) Educating teenagers on compulsive gambling addiction. This one is my favorite because this has the best opportunity to prevent a teenager from gambling, helping teenagers identify the signs of compulsive gambling addiction and if the teenager has a problem with gambling.
- d) Giving Teenagers the tools to identify others who may have a gambling addiction like their parents. This one has to be handled sensitively. I have received numerous emails from teenagers who did not know where to go, who to talk to in order to help a family member.
- e) Educating Teenagers on the resources available to get help by giving them the local stop gambling telephone numbers and helpful stop gambling websites.
- f) Understanding Compulsive Gambling Addiction
- g) Practical exercises for teenagers with addictions to learn about self esteem, trust and more.
The above educational curriculums are to be used as a guide for professionals who want to educate the teenage population. The curriculums were based on real life situations. It’s their goal to reach these students at the age where gambling is most likely to affect their future and to help teenagers who have a compulsive gambling addiction.
More educational information can be found at the website [http://www.teenage-gambling-addiction.org].
Teenagers that have been negatively affected by compulsive gambling addiction exhibit signs of self destructive behavior and an apathetic view towards school. By noticing the warning signs early, helps a teenager’s recovery to accelerate.